Sunday, January 20, 2013

Industrial Revolution in 314


So I didn't write a blog first semester over my initial teaching experience but I have decided to keep track of my experiences for this semester. I feel like being able to look back on my experiences and reflect on them will make me a better educator and help the rest of my kids in the years to come.

This last week here in room 314 have been going over the Industrial Revolution. They have been learning all about the inventions and ideas created during that time period and have done some cool activities over tall the information we have learned. They created detailed comic strip panels that are now posted on the board in my room! They really seemed to enjoy that activity and it was nice to see the creativity they have at that age. It really is incredible to watch students who are allowed to think outside the box be creative. The things they come up with are very original and can be extremely hilarious.

Thursday is their test this week over chapters 7 and 9. We've covered a lot of material but I'm confident they will do well on this test. I have decided to let them use a notecard on the test for the first time this year, hopefully that doesn't backfire on me!

If anyone has any good ideas about teaching the rise of nationalism, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment